The Epsom Brewery And The King's Head, Church Street, Epsom, And Other Public Houses In Cheam, Chessington, Epsom, Esher, Headley, Leatherhead And Little Bookham: Deeds
The following describes the contents of this collection in the Surrey History Centre archives. Find out more about how to see the original documents.
- Ref No: 831
- Repository: Surrey History Centre, Woking
- Date: 1691-1817
- Format: Archives
- Admin History: The main series of these deeds relates to premises on the east side of Church Street, Epsom (abutting south on the church itself), and indicate a brewing business there in the first half of the 18th century. The premises evolved as 'The Epsom Brewery', since partly demolished and converted to residential use.
From 1771 premises known as the King's Head, on the west side of the street, are included in the deeds. (For building plans, 1911, see 6116/1/31). Other public houses in Cheam, Chessington, Epsom, Esher, Headley, Leatherhead and Little Bookham are also mentioned in specific deeds (-/5-9, 26-29).
- Level: Collection
- Access Status: Open
- For more information contact: Surrey History Centre Collections Catalogue
Click on the plus symbol beside the catalogue entries below to show more items. Hover the cursor over a catalogue entry to see more information.