STABLE BLOCK AND THE COURT AT PIERREPONT SCHOOL, Frensham Road, Frensham
Double click the dots in the left border to show/hide the side panel. The current record is shown in yellow.
- RefNo: 11792
- Reference Number: SHHER_11792
- Site Name: STABLE BLOCK AND THE COURT AT PIERREPONT SCHOOL, Frensham Road, Frensham
- Grid Reference: 485116 142107
- Description: Stable courtyard and service buildings, now houses. 1888 by H T Keates of Petersfield, altered and extended in 20th century. Sandstone below with brick dressings, some gauged, tile hung on first floor with plain tiled roofs. Rectangular plan around courtyard, main entrance to north side. One storey and attics, some parts two storeys, with taller clock tower on west side and entrance tower to north.
Entrance front: central gabled gateway with leaded casement window over pointed arched entrance. Doubled gates, open to upper part with heart-shaped iron grilles and spiked tops. Three-windowed ranges either side. Staircase to left hand side of passage; braced roof over entrance.
Court side of North Range: central gable on coved jetty with offset stone walls below flanking entrance passage. Three gabled, through-eaves, leaded casement dormers on either side, large corbelled stacks to left of centre and left end. Door to centre of ground floor left.
East range: irregular casement fenestration, three gabled dormers, that to left breaking through eaves. Four windows to ground floor; doors to right of centre and in right hand corner.
South range: 20th century brick range with metal casement windows.
West range: central Clock Tower with square, crowning dome on scroll supports, clock dial on east and west faces. Arched open plinth, square with chamfered corners, on battering base rising from roof ridge. Timber framed gable to front on cove with small window below to centre hipped roof dormers breaking through the eaves to either side. Two windows to ground floor right, one to ground floor left. Door under transom lights to left end. Arched entrances to centre and right under keystones of ribbed brick. (Also see SMR 16702, 12119, 13067)
A. SAINT: RICHARD NORMAN SHAW (1977) p.415.
Listing NGR: SU8511642107
- Form: EXTANT BUILDING
- For more information contact: Surrey Sites and Monuments Record
- Related Objects:
- Consists of:
- Related Places:
The online HER is not suitable for commercial use, as some information has been withheld from online publication for reasons of confidentiality or protection of sensitive sites. Further Information. The inclusion of a site in the database in no way implies that public access is available. The vast majority of sites (including Scheduled Monuments) and buildings are on private land and have no public access. Further Information.