AMESBURY SCHOOL, Hazel Grove (West side), Hindhead
Double click the dots in the left border to show/hide the side panel. The current record is shown in yellow.
- RefNo: 12785
- Reference Number: SHHER_12785
- Site Name: AMESBURY SCHOOL, Hazel Grove (West side), Hindhead
- Grid Reference: 488125 134252
- Description: 1903 by Sir Edwin Lutyens, built as a private house. Neo-Georgian style. Built of buff brick with red brick quoins and dressings. Facade to road is one-storeyed of 13 bays. Central 7 bays are slightly recessed, central door with pedimented stone doorcase. Sash windows either side. Large hipped tile roof with dormers. Rear facade is 2-storeyed and of 11 bays. Centre 3 bays project and have pediment. Central door with niche above flanked bay sash windows. Small sash windows on both floors light flanking blocks. Tall brick chimney-stacks. North block at right angles in more vernacular style.
Listing NGR: SU8812534252
- Form: EXTANT BUILDING
- For more information contact: Surrey Sites and Monuments Record
- Related Places:
The online HER is not suitable for commercial use, as some information has been withheld from online publication for reasons of confidentiality or protection of sensitive sites. Further Information. The inclusion of a site in the database in no way implies that public access is available. The vast majority of sites (including Scheduled Monuments) and buildings are on private land and have no public access. Further Information.