"Caesar's Camp" multivallate hillfort
Double click the dots in the left border to show/hide the side panel. The current record is shown in yellow.
- RefNo: 1425
- Reference Number: SHHER_1425
- Site Name: "Caesar's Camp" multivallate hillfort
- Grid Reference: 483500 150000
- Description: Caesar's camp. A multivallate hill fort with one recognisable south entrance, much mutilated by roads and other military works. The work incorporates boggy ground into its defences on the south-west side notable gaps in the counterscarp bank occurring. Scheduled Monument.
- Form: DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE
- For more information contact: Surrey Sites and Monuments Record
- Related Places:
The online HER is not suitable for commercial use, as some information has been withheld from online publication for reasons of confidentiality or protection of sensitive sites. Further Information. The inclusion of a site in the database in no way implies that public access is available. The vast majority of sites (including Scheduled Monuments) and buildings are on private land and have no public access. Further Information.