WINTERFOLD HOUSE GARDENS, Horseblock Hollow, Cranleigh
Double click the dots in the left border to show/hide the side panel. The current record is shown in yellow.
- RefNo: 16728
- Reference Number: SHHER_16728
- Site Name: WINTERFOLD HOUSE GARDENS, Horseblock Hollow, Cranleigh
- Grid Reference: 507310 141930
- Description: The house was built in 1886 and Richard Webster who laid out grounds with flowering trees and shrubs that remained in 1962. The estate was purchased in 1923 by Moore who acquired additional land in 1925 and who reconstructed the main façades in Queen Anne style. He enhanced the gardens with rare rhododendrons, camellias, azaleas and magnolias.
- Form: DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE
- For more information contact: Surrey Sites and Monuments Record
- Related Places:
The online HER is not suitable for commercial use, as some information has been withheld from online publication for reasons of confidentiality or protection of sensitive sites. Further Information. The inclusion of a site in the database in no way implies that public access is available. The vast majority of sites (including Scheduled Monuments) and buildings are on private land and have no public access. Further Information.