Perforated Prehistoric hammerstone, Chertsey
Double click the dots in the left border to show/hide the side panel. The current record is shown in yellow.
- RefNo: 747
- Reference Number: SHHER_747
- Site Name: Perforated Prehistoric hammerstone, Chertsey
- Grid Reference: 506300 164700
- Description: Perforated hammer stone found when digging the foundations for Watney's Motor Works, Addlestone Road in 1915.
Longley's classification implies a Bronze Age date, but a Neolithic one seems equally likely from the description.
See also HER 2386.
- Form: Finds: stone artefact(s)
- For more information contact: Surrey Sites and Monuments Record
- Related Places:
The online HER is not suitable for commercial use, as some information has been withheld from online publication for reasons of confidentiality or protection of sensitive sites. Further Information. The inclusion of a site in the database in no way implies that public access is available. The vast majority of sites (including Scheduled Monuments) and buildings are on private land and have no public access. Further Information.