CHALDON COURT, Church Lane, Chaldon
Double click the dots in the left border to show/hide the side panel. The current record is shown in yellow.
- RefNo: 11154
- Reference Number: SHHER_11154
- Site Name: CHALDON COURT, Church Lane, Chaldon
- Grid Reference: 530822 155686
- Description: House. 14th century with 17th century chimney to the east and encased in 18th century. Timber frame on brick plinth to the right encased in brick and flint; rendered to the rear. Plain tiled roof with main stacks to the rear and small stack front left. Main 3 bay range running north-south with smaller 2 bay wing to the north east and single bay addition to the north of the wing. 2 storeys with end gable lit attics, plat band over ground floor. 2 casements across the first floor, cambered heads below. Pantiled glazed porch to left of centre with 16th century oak door under cambered head. 2 windowed extension breaking forward to left of red and blue brick with flint panels.
Rear: 14th century carved bargeboards to gable front, in poor condition at time of resurvey.
Interior: moulded crown post roofs in both ranges. Timber frame visible in ground floor room to right with deep brick fireplace. (Also see SMR 11570)
PEVSNER: Buildings of England, Surrey (1971) p.141
"CHALDON EXPLORED" A Guide to the Parish and Conservation Area. Tandridge District Council (1975)
Listing NGR: TQ3082255686
- Form: EXTANT BUILDING
- For more information contact: Surrey Sites and Monuments Record
- Related Objects:
- Related Places:
The online HER is not suitable for commercial use, as some information has been withheld from online publication for reasons of confidentiality or protection of sensitive sites. Further Information. The inclusion of a site in the database in no way implies that public access is available. The vast majority of sites (including Scheduled Monuments) and buildings are on private land and have no public access. Further Information.