Pewley Hill Admiralty Telegraph Station
Double click the dots in the left border to show/hide the side panel. The current record is shown in yellow.
- RefNo: 329
- Reference Number: SHHER_329
- Site Name: Pewley Hill Admiralty Telegraph Station
- Grid Reference: 500230 149190
- Description: An extant Admiralty Telegraph Station at Pewley Hill, Guildford, which formed part of the London-Portsmouth line established in 1822. The cupola, or small dome on top of the roof, was added after the semaphore ceased to be used.
- Form: BUILDING
- For more information contact: Surrey Sites and Monuments Record
- Related Objects:
- Related Places:
The online HER is not suitable for commercial use, as some information has been withheld from online publication for reasons of confidentiality or protection of sensitive sites. Further Information. The inclusion of a site in the database in no way implies that public access is available. The vast majority of sites (including Scheduled Monuments) and buildings are on private land and have no public access. Further Information.