Admiralty Telegraph Station circa 1822, Haste Hill
Double click the dots in the left border to show/hide the side panel. The current record is shown in yellow.
- RefNo: 3531
- Reference Number: SHHER_3531
- Site Name: Admiralty Telegraph Station circa 1822, Haste Hill
- Grid Reference: 490820 132060
- Description: Haste Hill a former Admiralty Telegraph Station was built in 1821 on part of several enclosures called Jackman's Fields. It was a bungalow style building with the semaphore erected over the operating room. The Admiralty sold the property in 1849, since when various additions and alterations have taken place. The building is now the Whitwell Hatch Hotel. It is possible that parts of the semaphore bungalow are incorporated into the walls of the hall and dining room.
- Form: BUILDING
- For more information contact: Surrey Sites and Monuments Record
- Related Objects:
- Related Places:
The online HER is not suitable for commercial use, as some information has been withheld from online publication for reasons of confidentiality or protection of sensitive sites. Further Information. The inclusion of a site in the database in no way implies that public access is available. The vast majority of sites (including Scheduled Monuments) and buildings are on private land and have no public access. Further Information.