Holloway Sanatorium, Virginia Water, Egham: Records Of The Hospital, 1871-1980, And Papers Relating To The Founder, Thomas Holloway (1800-1883), Patent Medicine Vendor, 1797-1947
The following describes the contents of this collection in the Surrey History Centre archives. Find out more about how to see the original documents.
- SHC Ref No: 2620
- Repository: Surrey History Centre, Woking
- Date: 1797-1980
- Format: Archives
- Level: Collection
- Related Material: For records of Holloway Sanatorium, 1885-1980, see 3237/- and 3473/-; for financial records, 1885-1950, see 3289/-; for records of the Friends of Holloway Sanatorium, 1950-1981, see 2772/- and 6248/4/194; for the travel diary of Thomas Holloway, 1864-1866, see 7288; and for sale particulars of Hollway Sanatorium on its closure, 1984, see 3040.
- Access Status: Open. 2620/5/4-5 are closed for 75 years.
- Provenance: Deposited upon the hospital's closure in 1981 under the 1958 Public Records Act.
- For more information contact: Surrey History Centre Collections Catalogue
This document forms part of a collectionHierarchy
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will have been catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The catalogue will be arranged into sub-sections such as series, files and items so that related records appear together. Your current record is highlighted in bold and the folder it is in shows its context. From here you can explore the collection further by opening up folders (select the + signs) and viewing details of any other records shown (select the text). Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy