Royal Holloway Hospital, Egham: Patient Case Files And Card Index
The following describes the contents of this collection in the Surrey History Centre archives. Find out more about how to see the original documents.
- SHC Ref No: 6864
- Repository: Surrey History Centre, Woking
- Date: c.1940s-1981
- Format: Archives
- Description: Royal Holloway Hospital closed in 1981 and its patient files were passed to the Abraham Cowley Unit of St Peter's Hospital, Chertsey. In c.1994, 10% of the files were selected at random to provide a sample overview of patient ailments and treatments. This random sample was further reduced to 1% in July 2000. The remainder of the case files was destroyed. A list of files retained is included in the depositor file.
- Level: Collection
- Access Status: Open. Closed for 100 years following the last date on file.
- Provenance: Deposited under the Public Records Act, 1958, by the Chief Executive of the Bournewood NHS Trust in July 2000.
- For more information contact: Surrey History Centre Collections Catalogue
This document forms part of a collectionHierarchy
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will have been catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The catalogue will be arranged into sub-sections such as series, files and items so that related records appear together. Your current record is highlighted in bold and the folder it is in shows its context. From here you can explore the collection further by opening up folders (select the + signs) and viewing details of any other records shown (select the text). Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy