Holloway Sanatorium: Case Books And Visitors Book
The following describes the contents of this collection in the Surrey History Centre archives. Find out more about how to see the original documents.
- SHC Ref No: 8855
- Repository: Surrey History Centre, Woking
- Date: 1889-1960
- Format: Archives
- Extent: 4 VOLS
- Level: Collection
- Related Material: For other records relating to Holloway Sanatorium see 2620, 3237, 3289, 3473, 6864 and 7267.
- Access Status: Open. Access restrictions may apply.
- Provenance: Presented by L. Griffiths of Whitstable, Kent, in June 2011. Ms Griffiths' aunt, Olwen Griffiths (1926-1995), retrieved the volumes while working as an actress on the film 'Scrubbers' in 1983. Holloway Sanatorium, which had closed in 1980, was used as the set location for the film. Aside from other film acting roles Olwen Griffiths also starred in the children's animation television series 'Ivor the Engine', first screened on the BBC in 1975.
- For more information contact: Surrey History Centre Collections Catalogue
This document forms part of a collectionHierarchy
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will have been catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The catalogue will be arranged into sub-sections such as series, files and items so that related records appear together. Your current record is highlighted in bold and the folder it is in shows its context. From here you can explore the collection further by opening up folders (select the + signs) and viewing details of any other records shown (select the text). Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy