Leigh, St Bartholomew: Parish Records And Leigh Civil Parish Records
The following describes the contents of this collection in the Surrey History Centre archives. Find out more about how to see the original documents.
- SHC Ref No: P19
- Repository: Surrey History Centre, Woking
- Date: 1579 - 1933
- Format: Archives
- Description: The records include registers of baptisms, marriages and burials, 1579-1913, vestry minutes, 1845-1878, churchwardens' accounts and rates, 1813-1877, overseers' accounts, 1821-1831, highway rate books, 1845-1863, and tithe award, 1853. The inclosure award, 1854, and map, 1852, were also deposited, together with the managers' minutes of Leigh National School, 1879-1914.
- Level: Collection
- Related Places:
- Access Status: Open. There are no access restrictions.
- Provenance: The registers (P19/1/1-7) were deposited by the Vicar and Parochial Church Council in 1956 and cover the years 1579-1858. The remaining records were deposited in 1957 by the Clerk to the Parish Council (P19/1/8-10, -/2 to -/8).
- For more information contact: Surrey History Centre Collections Catalogue
This document forms part of a collectionHierarchy
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will have been catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The catalogue will be arranged into sub-sections such as series, files and items so that related records appear together. Your current record is highlighted in bold and the folder it is in shows its context. From here you can explore the collection further by opening up folders (select the + signs) and viewing details of any other records shown (select the text). Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy