Coulsdon, St John: Parish Records
The following describes the contents of this collection in the Surrey History Centre archives. Find out more about how to see the original documents.
- SHC Ref No: P4
- Repository: Surrey History Centre, Woking
- Date: 1653 - 1950
- Format: Archives
- Description: As well as parish registers of baptisms, marriages and burials, 1653-1950, the records include a volume of early nineteenth century copies of various tax and rate assessments and notes relating mainly to tithes, 1778-1804, a group of letters and papers relating to the establishment of a National school, 1845, and its rebuilding in 1871, charity papers 1781, 1823-1868, and letters, papers and official instruments relating to the creation of five new chapelries and ecclesiastical districts within the ancient parish of Coulsdon, 1871-1915.
- Level: Collection
- Related Places:
- Access Status: Open. There are no access restrictions.
- Provenance: Deposited by the Rector and Parochial Church Council in 1958.
- For more information contact: Surrey History Centre Collections Catalogue
This document forms part of a collectionHierarchy
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will have been catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The catalogue will be arranged into sub-sections such as series, files and items so that related records appear together. Your current record is highlighted in bold and the folder it is in shows its context. From here you can explore the collection further by opening up folders (select the + signs) and viewing details of any other records shown (select the text). Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy