Mitcham, St Peter And St Paul: Parish Records, 1563-1944; Mitcham, Christ Church: Parish Records, 1875-1929
The following describes the contents of this collection in the Surrey History Centre archives. Find out more about how to see the original documents.
- SHC Ref No: P40
- Repository: Surrey History Centre, Woking
- Date: 1563-1944
- Format: Archives
- Description: The accumulation includes parish registers from 1563, Sunday School minute books from 1788, National School minute books from 1812, and a register of poor children apprenticed, 1802-1823, as well as a volume of settlement examinations, 1799-1814.
- Level: Collection
- Related Material: Further parish records, including other volumes of settlement examinations, have been deposited among records of the Mitcham Urban District Council and bear the reference LA5/-.
- Related Places:
- Access Status: Open. There are no access restrictions.
- Provenance: The parish records of St Peter and St Paul, Mitcham were deposited by the Vicar in 1965.
- For more information contact: Surrey History Centre Collections Catalogue
This document forms part of a collectionHierarchy
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will have been catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The catalogue will be arranged into sub-sections such as series, files and items so that related records appear together. Your current record is highlighted in bold and the folder it is in shows its context. From here you can explore the collection further by opening up folders (select the + signs) and viewing details of any other records shown (select the text). Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy