Barnes, St Mary: Parish Records
The following describes the contents of this collection in the Surrey History Centre archives. Find out more about how to see the original documents.
- SHC Ref No: P6
- Repository: Surrey History Centre, Woking
- Date: 1538 - 1936
- Format: Archives
- Description: The records include registers of baptisms, marriages and burials, 1538-1901, and a parish account book, 1688-1760, containing churchwardens' and overseers' accounts and poor rate assessments, notes of money collected for briefs and an inventory of church plate, 1686. Also deposited were churchwardens' accounts and church rate assessments, 1761-1903, overseers' accounts and poor rate assessments, 1740-1762, and vestry minutes, 1742-1935, as well as minutes of the parish workhouse committee, 1777-1810, and of the National and Sunday Schools Managers, 1843-1867.
- Level: Collection
- Related Places:
- Access Status: Open. There are no access restrictions.
- Provenance: Deposited by the Rector and Parochial Church Council in 1958.
- For more information contact: Surrey History Centre Collections Catalogue
This document forms part of a collectionHierarchy
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will have been catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The catalogue will be arranged into sub-sections such as series, files and items so that related records appear together. Your current record is highlighted in bold and the folder it is in shows its context. From here you can explore the collection further by opening up folders (select the + signs) and viewing details of any other records shown (select the text). Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy