Ayres, Bentley, Bolesworth, Cooper, Elliott, Fisher, Kefford, Manning, Pickett, Price, Smith And Taylor Romany Traveller And Showman Families Of Surrey And Elsewhere: Family Trees, Documents And Photographs
The following describes the contents of this collection in the Surrey History Centre archives. Find out more about how to see the original documents.
- SHC Ref No: Z/561
- Repository: Surrey History Centre, Woking
- Date: (1806-2011)
- Format: Archives
- Level: Collection
- Related Material: For photographs of countrywide fairgrounds, including those attended by the Manning family and reports from the fairground media, see the Philip Bradley collection (Ref.6790); for details of the Hartlake Bridge disaster, see the Romany Road recollections website http://www.romanyroad.co.uk/#/hartlake-disaster/4524088998
- Access Status: Open. There are no access restrictions.
- Provenance: Presented by Mrs Irene Colbert (ne Freeman), of Hatfield, Hertfordshire, on behalf of her mother Rene Manning, between February and November 2010. Mrs Colbert is a descendant of the Manning and Taylor families and has been researching their family history. -/12, -/17 & -/21 were donated by Mrs Colbert's cousin Jane Hastler (ne Howell), daughter of Sawles and Hilda Howell (ne Bentley). -/21 was given to Mrs Colbert by by the grandson of Arthur Ott. Mrs Colbert is one of a group called the 'Taylor Researchers' who belong to the Romany & Traveller Family History Society.
- For more information contact: Surrey History Centre Collections Catalogue
This document forms part of a collectionHierarchy
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will have been catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The catalogue will be arranged into sub-sections such as series, files and items so that related records appear together. Your current record is highlighted in bold and the folder it is in shows its context. From here you can explore the collection further by opening up folders (select the + signs) and viewing details of any other records shown (select the text). Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy