MEMORIAL CROSS, Chobham Road, Chobham Common
Double click the dots in the left border to show/hide the side panel. The current record is shown in yellow.
- RefNo: 10986
- Reference Number: SHHER_10986
- Site Name: MEMORIAL CROSS, Chobham Road, Chobham Common
- Grid Reference: 496519 165564
- Description: Memorial Cross. Erected 1901. Rendered cement base with aggregate rocky plinth granite above; cross shaft tapering to circular top with arms of cross carved in roundel. Oval coiled rope pattern on shaft. Cross on plinth circa 20 foot high and forms a prominent landmark.
Listed for historical value to mark the spot where Queen Victoria reviewed 8129 troops on June 21 1853 before Aldershot establishment was founded.
Listing NGR: SU9651965564
- Form: EXTANT BUILDING
- For more information contact: Surrey Sites and Monuments Record
- Related Places:
The online HER is not suitable for commercial use, as some information has been withheld from online publication for reasons of confidentiality or protection of sensitive sites. Further Information. The inclusion of a site in the database in no way implies that public access is available. The vast majority of sites (including Scheduled Monuments) and buildings are on private land and have no public access. Further Information.