Iron Age Banjo Enclosure
Double click the dots in the left border to show/hide the side panel. The current record is shown in yellow.
- RefNo: 3194
- Reference Number: SHHER_3194
- Site Name: Iron Age Banjo Enclosure
- Grid Reference: 522530 157040
- Description: Iron Age Banjo enclosure. A banjo site at South Tadworth Farm, Tadworth was discovered on aerial photographs, and was used to evaluate methods of assessing the condition of burial sites by geophysical and geochemical means. No internal features showed except for a possible pit within the protruding annexe, which seemed a suitable position for a dwelling. The results of geophysical and chemical prospecting on the air photographic site have shown that it is probably so heavily eroded that all occupation levels have been. It is reported that remaining fills of the ditches are of primary silt.
- Form: CROPMARK
- For more information contact: Surrey Sites and Monuments Record
- Related Places:
The online HER is not suitable for commercial use, as some information has been withheld from online publication for reasons of confidentiality or protection of sensitive sites. Further Information. The inclusion of a site in the database in no way implies that public access is available. The vast majority of sites (including Scheduled Monuments) and buildings are on private land and have no public access. Further Information.