Iron Age settlement enclosures and fieldsystem, Runfold Farm
Double click the dots in the left border to show/hide the side panel. The current record is shown in yellow.
- RefNo: 5471
- Reference Number: SHHER_5471
- Site Name: Iron Age settlement enclosures and fieldsystem, Runfold Farm
- Grid Reference: 487172 148355
- Description: Archaeological evaluation by SCAU of the first phase of this mineral site revealed numerous archaeological features. The majority of these dated to the Iron Age; the presence of a number of ring gullies suggests that this was a settlement site, similar to those found nearby at Tongham Nurseries, excavated in 1993. This evaluation also revealed some Early Roman material. Subsequent evaluation to the east of this area (centred SU 873 485) revealed no features or finds of archaeological interest, presumably because the area is more low lying and therefore less attractive for settlement.
- Form: SUB SURFACE DEPOSIT
- For more information contact: Surrey Sites and Monuments Record
- Related Places:
The online HER is not suitable for commercial use, as some information has been withheld from online publication for reasons of confidentiality or protection of sensitive sites. Further Information. The inclusion of a site in the database in no way implies that public access is available. The vast majority of sites (including Scheduled Monuments) and buildings are on private land and have no public access. Further Information.