Shellwood Manor House: Elizabethan coins and other remains
Double click the dots in the left border to show/hide the side panel. The current record is shown in yellow.
- RefNo: 839
- Reference Number: SHHER_839
- Site Name: Shellwood Manor House: Elizabethan coins and other remains
- Grid Reference: 520650 145880
- Description: The Victoria County History for Surrey gives a detailed manorial history of Shellwood from 1156. The manor house was separated from the manor from 1712 to 1799. It is not now standing but the adjacent farm, called Shellwood Manor, is probably 17th century, and perhaps superseded the manor house before the separation. Elizabethan coins and other remains have been found on the site of the manor house. There are no remains of this manor house visible.
- Form: DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE
- For more information contact: Surrey Sites and Monuments Record
- Related Places:
The online HER is not suitable for commercial use, as some information has been withheld from online publication for reasons of confidentiality or protection of sensitive sites. Further Information. The inclusion of a site in the database in no way implies that public access is available. The vast majority of sites (including Scheduled Monuments) and buildings are on private land and have no public access. Further Information.