Pottery kiln and waster dump, Reigate
Double click the dots in the left border to show/hide the side panel. The current record is shown in yellow.
- RefNo: 858
- Reference Number: SHHER_858
- Site Name: Pottery kiln and waster dump, Reigate
- Grid Reference: 528500 147800
- Description: Surrey Archaeological Society and Holmesdale Archaeological Group excavation of pottery kiln and waster dump at Bushfield Shaw, Three Arch(es) Road, Earlswood. Partly disturbed by tree roots, burrows and ditching. This appears to have been an updraught kiln with a single stoke-hole leading to three under floor ducts. Pottery from the site includes coarseware oxidised, cooking pots, dishes, pipkins, jug fragments usually with greenglaze, and decorated forms. Some jugs with face-on-front decoration. Bridge spout with full modelled head.
- Form: SUB SURFACE DEPOSIT
- For more information contact: Surrey Sites and Monuments Record
- Related Places:
The online HER is not suitable for commercial use, as some information has been withheld from online publication for reasons of confidentiality or protection of sensitive sites. Further Information. The inclusion of a site in the database in no way implies that public access is available. The vast majority of sites (including Scheduled Monuments) and buildings are on private land and have no public access. Further Information.