WELL HEAD ON VILLAGE GREEN, The Green, Leigh
Double click the dots in the left border to show/hide the side panel. The current record is shown in yellow.
- RefNo: 9361
- Reference Number: SHHER_9361
- Site Name: WELL HEAD ON VILLAGE GREEN, The Green, Leigh
- Grid Reference: 522382 146877
- Description: Well head and pump. Late 19th century. Square concrete platform with 4 pedestalled posts, braced to support a Horsham slab roof. Gabled cross-shaped roof with central crucifix finial and pendant finials to each gable apex. Cusped bargeboards to each gable with quatrefoil and trefoil pierced decoration. King-strut roof with chamfered braces. Cast iron pump of octagonal shape with tracery panels on shaft and scrolled pump handle. Stone bowl to west face. The pump and well head form a central feature on the Village Green.
Listing NGR: TQ2238246877
- Form: EXTANT BUILDING
- For more information contact: Surrey Sites and Monuments Record
- Related Places:
The online HER is not suitable for commercial use, as some information has been withheld from online publication for reasons of confidentiality or protection of sensitive sites. Further Information. The inclusion of a site in the database in no way implies that public access is available. The vast majority of sites (including Scheduled Monuments) and buildings are on private land and have no public access. Further Information.