HEADLEY GROVE, Headley Common Road, Headley
Double click the dots in the left border to show/hide the side panel. The current record is shown in yellow.
- RefNo: 9819
- Reference Number: SHHER_9819
- Site Name: HEADLEY GROVE, Headley Common Road, Headley
- Grid Reference: 520891 153214
- Description: House. Early 19th century. Whitewashed roughcast cladding to front, stuccoed cornice over each floor and low pitched, hipped slate roofs. Two storeys with bracketed eaves, angle bays rising through both floors on ends. Tall stacks with cornices on brackets to rear and right side. Bracketed eaves to parapet. Plate glass sash windows in angle bays, casement doors to ground floor of angle bays with 3-windowed range between. Three tripartite sashes across the first floor, the centre one smaller. Two large tripartite plate glass sashes to ground floor with casement doors forming centre light. Central, wide, Doric pedimented portico on two columns and two half-columns. Tripartite entry with glazed double doors in flanking lights.
Rear elevation (former main front): panelled parapet. Central bay projects slightly with small pediment over in parapet. Along whole of ground floor, except end window bays is projecting colonnade of 8 Doric columns. Central 4 columns project slightly with shallow pediment over containing solid porch and doorway with rectangular fanlight and double doors of 4 moulded and fielded panels. At each end of terrace in front of the house is statue of a lion.
PEVSNER: BUILDINGS OF ENGLAND, SURREY (1971) p. 312.
Listing NGR: TQ2089153214
- Form: EXTANT BUILDING
- For more information contact: Surrey Sites and Monuments Record
- Related Places:
The online HER is not suitable for commercial use, as some information has been withheld from online publication for reasons of confidentiality or protection of sensitive sites. Further Information. The inclusion of a site in the database in no way implies that public access is available. The vast majority of sites (including Scheduled Monuments) and buildings are on private land and have no public access. Further Information.