The online HER records available on this site form a simplified version of the master database. We may hold further information and resources for a particular record. You can use the comment link from an individual record to request more information about that site, monument or listed building.
You can also make enquiries in person, by post or by e-mail. The record is managed by the Heritage Conservation Team at Surrey History Centre, Woking.
The HER reference library contains a range of publications and unpublished material, which are available for consultation by appointment. These include:
- The main HER database, allowing rapid searches to be made by geographical area, historical period, types of site or find, and many other criteria.
- Ordnance Survey 1:10,000 maps covering the whole area of Surrey, marked with HER locations and areas of archaeological interest, plus copies of other historical maps.
- Over 1000 unpublished archaeological contractors and consultants fieldwork reports (also known as grey literature).
- Local journals and publications.
- Information on protected monuments, parks, gardens and buildings within Surrey.
There is no charge for consultation of the HER unless the data is being collected for commercial purposes. For public research, educational or personal interest purposes no charge is made for consultations in person, except a nominal fee for photocopying and printing facilities.
Heritage Conservation Team
Surrey History Centre
130 Goldsworth Road
Surrey GU21 6ND
Telephone: 01483 518 751
Fax: 01483 518 771
Email: [email protected]
To find out more visit www.surreycc.gov.uk/sitesandmonumentsrecord