The images below are part of a collection of Hassell watercolours held at the Surrey History Centre. High quality copies of these and other images from the collection are available for purchase from Surrey History Centre.
Click on one of the small pictures below to see larger versions of the images. Click on the right or left margin of the larger image to go to the next or previous one. Click on the title below an image to find out more about the watercolour and visit the collection catalogue records.
St Leonards Church probably dates back to the 12th century and was originally built using flint and firestone. Surrey History Centre holds the Parish Records for St Leonard: 1680-1952. Many of these records are now available to search and browse on-line through Ancestry.
Interesting sites nearby:
- Flint implements and possible flint mine (HER 4714)
- Evidence of quarrying on Worms Heath (HER 1188)
- Late Bronze Age enclosed settlement, Nore Hill (HER 3082)
- Possible Roman occupation: Nore Hill (HER 3084)
- Romano British villa and separate bath house, Chelsham Court Farm (HER 4407)
- St Leonard’s Church, Chelsham (HER 1204)
- Possible Deserted Medieval Village Site (HER 2605)
- Medieval earthwork in Henley Wood, Chelsham (HER 1190)
- Site of Fairchilds House (HER 14643)
- Warlingham Park Hospital Water Tower (HER 11618)