The images below are part of a collection of Hassell watercolours held at the Surrey History Centre. High quality copies of these and other images from the collection are available for purchase from Surrey History Centre.
Click on one of the small pictures below to see larger versions of the images. Click on the right or left margin of the larger image to go to the next or previous one. Click on the title below an image to find out more about the watercolour and visit the collection catalogue records.
A church has existed in the parish since the Doomsday Survey 1086. The present Church of St Andrew dates back to the 15th Century. The registers go back to 1599. Click here to see the catalogue of the St Andrew, Gatton, Parish Records (1599-1893) held at the Surrey History Centre. Many of these records are now available to search and browse on-line through Ancestry.
Many historic buildings and archaeological features in the local area are included in the county’s Historic Environment Record, click here to see more information, including a location map.