The following oil paintings are included in The Public Catalogue Foundation book “Oil Paintings in Public Ownership in Surrey” (copies are available in various libraries across the county and at Surrey History Centre). Read more about The Public Catalogue Foundation.
The oil paintings are housed at Dittons Library, Mercer Close, Thames Ditton, Surrey, KT7 0BS. To make arrangements to view the painting please contact the library via the Surrey County Council contact centre on 0300 200 1001.
Web links and further information:
- William Freeman, artist (1853-1935)
- Thames Villa, afterwards Weir Cottage, and now Weir Court, Weybridge: Deeds, 1869-1939 – from the Surrey History Centre collections.
- Thames Villa, Walton on Thames: Deeds (K84/34/1, 2 & 3) – from the Surrey History Centre collections.
- Thames Villa in the Historic Environment Record.
- The White Lion, Esher – search results from Exploring Surrey’s Past
- More about Claygate.
- More about Esher.
- More about Thames Ditton.
- About Dittons Library.
- Visit the BBC/Public Catalogue Foundation “Your Paintings” website to find other oil paintings in public ownership in the United Kingdom.
To see other collections of oil paintings in public ownership in Surrey click on the following links:
|Caterham Valley Library||County Hall, Kingston||Dorking Library|
|Esher Library||Ewell Court Library||Godalming Library|
|Lingfield Library||Molesey Library||Oxted Library|
|Sunbury Library||Surrey History Centre, Woking||Warlingham Library|