A William Conisbee started a butchers shop in an old cottage in East Horsley in the early 1780s. It was situated roughly where Ye Olde Shoppe is now. Seven generations on there are still Conisbees running the butchers business in the village.
The Park Corner shop was built in 1861. At that time it was arranged in three units note the three doors in the picture below; the butcher’s shop wasin the middle and there was a cottage on each side. Now the whole of the ground floor is taken up by the shop and the two upper floors have become a house with the entrance from the garden behind.
There is a simple frieze of terracotta tiles with the rose motif and an arched doorway of polychrome bricks into the shop. The windows have all been replaced.