This was built in 1862, specifically as a shop. It is a little more elaborate than Park Corner, having large arches made of dentils over groups of windows and a string course of roses.
Formerly there had been a small green approximately where the school and playground were (now a car park). Behind it was a row of cottages; one was Conisbee’s butcher shop, one was a small grocer’s and another was a dairy. These shops sold their goods from one of the rooms in the family’s home. The school was built on part of the site and the three cottages were replaced by Daisy, Violet and Bluebell Cottages.