The Norfolk Arms is situated on the western carriageway of the A24 at Mid Holmwood.
It was built in the early 1830s when a diversion in the route of the turnpike road left the Nags Head opposite short of the road. It remained a public house until the late 1960s.
The pub was the centre of village life in the Mid and North Holmwood areas, its landlords holding a fair with rides and games on the Common each year. A hut to the rear was the meeting hall of the Ancient Order of Foresters who would march in great number once a year down to St Mary Magdalene church together with bands and representatives of the fire brigades and other organisations.
The inns nineteenth century landlord kept horses and ran a carrying business that eventually became the Norfolk Garage (now Norfolk Tractors).
The building was substantially remodelled in 1908. The rather Georgian shallow pitch of its roof was replaced with a steep-pitched Victorian-style roof and a new wing with bays was added.
The Norfolk is now a private house.