Evidence of prehistoric activity has been found in the area of the village which lies half a mile west of Great Bookham and on the same spring line.
The church dates from the 12th century. This building is now a single room retaining two original windows and what seems to be a reset 13th century lancet window with deep splays and shafts inside. Nearby are the Manor House and Tithe Barn, the latter a fine 17th century example of its type with a gabled, pantile roof, weatherboarding and two large entrances.
Click here to see the catalogue of the All Saints, Little Bookham, Parish Records (1642-1965) held at the Surrey History Centre.
Around the road junction of Preston Cross are several old properties with flint walls, tree filled front gardens and a relatively open pattern of development that provides an attractive contrast to the adjoining residential areas.