The name is derived from the Saxon name Fremmas Lea meaning Fremmas clearing. Frimley is a small town 2 miles south of Camberley and adjacent to the Hampshire border.
The land was owned by Chertsey Abbey from 673 until 1537. It was not listed in the Domesday Book but is shown on the map as Fremely. Frimley lunatic asylum opened in 1799 and there was also a workhouse. Brompton Hospital Sanatorium opened in 1904. The present Frimley Park Hospital opened in 1974.
The parish church of St.Peter was built in 1825 and replaced an earlier chapel of 1660.
Click here to see the catalogue of the St Peter’s, Frimley Parish Records (1590 -1961) held at the Surrey History Centre.
Frimley Park mansion was built in 1760 for Sir Henry Tichborne. It is now an Army Cadet training centre.
Frimley Green is a village about one mile to the east of Frimley. The parish church of St.Andrew was built in 1911 by H.R. and B.A. Parkinson.