Ewhurst lies nearly 5 miles south of Shere at the foot of Hurt Wood, and sits astride the B2127 road which provides the spine of the village. Ewhurst Green is about mile farther south on the minor route to Rudgwick.
In the village there are two small groups of houses around Bull’s Head Green and the parish church (click the link to see the Historic Environment Record for the church). The former is a small green flanked by several buildings of interest while the church stands on a ridge of land which runs east-west across the road and adds to the local character. The approach up to the church is flanked by attractive properties, while the church itself is noted for the best Norman doorway in the county.
Click here to see the catalogue of the St Peter, Ewhurst, Parish Records (1614-1981) held at the Surrey History Centre. Click here to see the catalogue of the St Peter and St Paul, Ewhurst, Parish Records (1699-1894) held at the Surrey History Centre. Ewhurst Green is physically separate from the historic village centre which has seen considerable expansion on its eastern side. There is a relatively open scatter of buildings around the large rectangular green which contrasts with the much closer development in the village.