A bakery for over 370 years, the building was adapted as a museum in 1987 and re-developed in 1998 with a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund. It is actually two Wealden timber framed houses. One was built about 1400 and the other around 1446, with a brick facade and parapet added in the 18th Century. The original lime and horse hair plaster covering a wattle wall can still be seen.
The Museum records the history of a quiet country town with many traces of a rich industrial past, notably in cloth making and knitting. It was the first town in the world to have a public electricity supply. It hosts a series of exhibitions and events throughout the year.
Please visit http://www.godalmingmuseum.org.uk/ for more details.