Dating to 1285 this stone used to stand by the Thames at Staines and marked the jurisdiction of the City of London over the River Thames in terms of trade and revenue.
It was visited at intervals by the Lord Mayor of London and representatives from the City Livery Companies, who travelled up river in their grand barges to Staines, where a ceremony and lunch would be held.
Inscriptions were added to the plinth to record these visits.
The London Stone is now part of the collection at Spelthorne Museum.
Click the link to see more