The Surrey County Asylum at Netherne was built 1907-9. Netherne hospital closed in 1994.
Important: please note that any patient records less than 100 years old and staff records less than 75 years old are likely to have access restrictions. Individual records are not available to view through this website. For details on viewing records please see the Access To Mental Hospital Records page.
The principal series of records held at Surrey History Centre and relating to individual patients are as follows, although there are gaps in some series:
- Burial Registers, 1909-1960
- Patient Case Files, 1909-1960
- Admission Registers, 1909-1996
- Discharge/Transfer and Discharge/Death Registers, 1909-1996
- Death Registers, 1909-1931
- Notice of Death Registers, 1909-1994
- Inquest Register, 1942-1991
- Post Mortem Register, 1942-1947
Surrey History Centre also hold Staff Records, 1905-1992